|Type of Fabric
|What is it?
Leather is made from animal skin, most commonly from cows.
There are also leathers made from snakes and alligators, and are known as exotic leathers.
There are 5 main types of leather : (ranked from highest quality to lowest)
- Full Grain or Top Grain Leather
- Corrected or Embossed Grain
- Split Suede
- Nubuck Sueded Grain
- Reconstituted, Bonded or Fibre Leather
Strong durable, waterproof.
Depends on the type of leather.
80% of the leather in the world is tanned using highly toxic process that leads to increase in toxic waste being released into waterways.
However, there are leather which are eco-friendly and are tanned without using chemicals.
|How to Care
- Handle with clean hands.
- Clean filth frequently.
- Apply cleaner made for leather occasionally.
- Avoid exposure from sunlight.